Skip to main content

After the party

My first fondant cake--don't ask me about that strip in the middle!

The weekend was an exciting and exhilarating one for me. A friend's 40th birhday was celebrated in our home. Lots of people came.. Someone in Superman shirt and his look-alike James Blunt friend made us feel like young girls all over again. Laughter, screaming with delight and crying children...Grown-ups catching up on the latest news.Good food and wine. Loads of beautiful gifts and some which made us shrieked with delight and curiosity--these ones not intended for public viewing. :-)
Now I am feeling the effect of the party. No, I wasn't able to drink. I am so tired, aching back and all. But the girls are in their usual high spirit. Smiling at me. Making me more enthusiastic to start the day. Isn't that great?


Have a wonderful Monday!

Comments

cheri said…
you made the fondant?! wow! go pinay mom! :)

from SITS :)
wow that is very neat! I am scared to try to use fondant :o)
charmie said…
ang ganda ng cake and I am sure it is delicious.. thanks for dropping by my blog
Dhemz said…
I am giving you 2 thumbs up for the cake....you did an awesome job....galing naman...never pa akong gumawa ng fondant cake....looks good....ehhehehe!
Tsina said…
wow. nice cake. :)
Anne said…
The cake was beautiful. I have always been afraid to try working with fondant.
imelda said…
looks yummy although i have not tasted one

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Happiness is...

You might also like: No smoking pls! Our little girl!! Bye,bye Rapunzel!! Chaotic no more!! Howzat