Skip to main content

A Memoir of an Ex CLEANING LADY

by Elle
First Love
The whole story won't be complete if he's not in it. He was my first love ever. The one who managed to tame my heart...my own Ampalayo.Up to now, I still get this giddiness whenever I think of him.
We were classmates during college and it was not until our second year that he courted me. We were together all summer and so it was inevitable not to fall in love with him after that.
Working right after college gave me independence but he was always there. He accepted my ever-changing moods. He stayed in our village and worked as a high school teacher. That's why every sat evening we would sit at the village's square, gawk at the passers-by, eat, talk or merely enjoy each other's company.
We were in our usual place that night, sitting in a banc right next to a lamp post. We were sharing a coke and a bbq, enjoying the evening breeze when I told him about my plan. He was okay with it, I promised him that I'd be back after two years. Yes, we made plans. It felt good having something to look forward to while away from someone.
That night, he lovingly held my hands and looked into my eyes. I could see the sadness in there but I assured him that everything would be alright.
I was hunted by that night and that look. That even years later, in my sitting room, when he asked: "Why did you forget me?" while his pregnant wife sat within earshot, I was lost for words...wanted to cry and hug him, to stay forever in his arms, to live in a farm, have beautiful kids, own dogs or horses--which ever, you know just like our plan...but it was 5 years late.





You might also like:
Article link
Learning to bake
Article link
Random thoughts
Article link
Itay
Article link
Cars and memories
Atom/RSS
Atom/RSS
Atom/RSS
Atom/RSS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!