Skip to main content

Almost two and one baby

I am a Cavitenã living here in Geneva, Switzerland. It has been almost two years since I have left the Philippines and my life has gotten into a new level now--I am married and have a 7 month old baby girl. This new experience called family life is so exciting and at the same time somewhat overwhelming. Being a first time Nanay, I have listened to a lot of advice from well meaning family and friends. I have scoured the flea market and the thrift shops for books on babies and parenting and I am still learning. I have found out that having someone from a different cultural background takes a lot of understanding, communication and acceptance on each other's part. This is my own observation and I am not talking about other people's experience. This is my story...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!