Skip to main content

Saturday outing and my CSS image gallery

Finally, after lots of frustrations and sleepless nights I was able to put together a picture gallery. Do you know that I even dreamnt of this CSS Image Gallery? That's how crazy and impatient I was.This all started when I was looking for CSS tutorial and I stumbled upon Mr.McCartney's blog. He has this picture gallery and I was intrigued on how he did it. In his blog he mentionned Narrowband who created a wonderful image gallery based on Dynamic Drive. Then I tried to follow Narrowband's tips. Mr. McCartney also gave me pointers in making this gallery.I also learned few tricks from Vin while browsing through the blogger help forum.There are still some more things to be done but I am happy on the way this turned out. So these pictures were taken during the fête de la tomate in Carouge last week where in different varieties of tomatoes were shown to the public together with other food stand. We have tasted varieties of tomatoes and other products from local producers. There were also pony rides, animals, an expo of tractors from the 1940's and some other crafts. Karen was so excited riding the small train to get there. It was an enjoyable weekend en famille. Thanks Papa!!

Comments

Peter said…
Hi and Well Done! Looks fantastic! Time to catch up on some sleep!

Take Care,
Peter
Mayet said…
Thanks a lot.You're right I need to rest, but it's all worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!