Skip to main content

Sat.night with Noel Cabangon

He is no Piolo nor Sam* but Noel Cabangon charmed the Pinoys here in Geneva last night with his great voice and funny antics.I actually saw him performed for Balik-Aral a few years ago and last Friday afternoon while having a mug of chocolat chaud with hubby in Parc de Bastion, kuya Joseph approached us and told me about the concert. All the while, Noel was playing chess-the big ones on the ground- and his accompanist, Nikko Rivera was also there. We were introduced to him and I promised to see his concert.
The repertoire of his songs brought back memories and reminded me of life in the Philippines. There were 3 front acts,each has 3 songs which I think, are too much but in fairness they are talented artists. I just hope that the vocalist from the Martian Dream(a Filipino band of 4 young musicians) would articulate better next time. Honestly aside from the title, I didn't understand much of the lyrics,sorry! Was it my hearing or my age? But then again, they made me swing every now and then.
The concert which started at 7pm and ended at 11pm is well worth the price.

Piolo and Sam performed in another venue a week ago.

Comments

Anonymous said…
just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog.. come check out mine sometime.

see you soon!
Tulsi said…
I saw you on BATW. My mom has lived in Switzerland for 22 years. She was in Puplange/Geneva and now she is on the other side of Lake Geneve. Her husband is from Geneva and went to primary school in the Old Town. I can't remember the Hamlet she is in now. We spent Christmas in Geneva in 2002. I loved Geneva. Especially the hot chocolate. They were digging under a church in Old Town when we were there.

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!