Feb 14, 2009

Siopao..easy as 1,2,3!

I have been yearning to prepare siopao(steamed dumplings) for as long as I can remember but always have the excuse not to do so specially when there's an asian store just nearby. However,buying them once a week just to fill my craving will cost a lot in the long run. So I have decided to prepare them myself. Now, after a long search for a good recipe I have found one over at pinoycook.net and boy, it is so easy to do. Nonetheless, instead of putting ground meat, I have just used thin sliced pork. My husband just love them and I feel like singing before going to bed--I did my siopao!

8 comments:

Tanielle said...

way to go! I am not a very good cook, even though I like to try new recipes. Good job on the dumplings. Maybe someday I'll be so brave?!

Xazmin said...

Oooh, I can't wait to try it. I love building my recipe library...especially with recipes already tried and approved by others!! Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my blog.

liza said...

I'm a failure when it comes to making siopao. Ewan ko ba pero hindi ko maperfect ang dough. Siguro I need to try harder hehe, pano naman kasi, gaya mo ang daling bumili ng siopao dito, kahit saan ka lumingon meron. :D

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Carol said...

I guess I should also try making siopao again. :) I did try two years ago, just once and never did it again because I was disappointed with the result. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!

Shawie said...

yummm! i think it's a lot of work but if you love cooking, it surely will unload some stress:) thnks for sharing the link, Mayet...i'll check on that:)

iceah said...

wow! I want to do that too cause we love siopao so much too :9

maggie said...

wow siopao! di ako magaling magluto kaya bumili lang ang kaya ko gawin, hehe. favorite ko bola-bola from 7/11 (plugging pa).

lunaticg said...

Hi!
this is called kuih pau in Malaysia. I love to eat them.
thank you for sharing yours.
See you around.