Skip to main content

We're home!!

We just got back from our 3-week vacation in the Philippines, still have jet lag and nursing nostalgia. Now the reality of life sets in and here I am with loads of work, cold weather and snow. How I wish to stay longer so that my siblings and I could catch with family news not just a two-hour dinner, that my daughters specially Karen could play more with her cousins,dance more to the tune of Nobody but You, converse in Tagalog and eat more rice(she's not into it, but somehow she ate a lot when we were in the Philippines), so that I could talk more with my Itay and he would learn more about my daughters. I wish, I wish... but thinking about it- the time spent with my family however short was full of meaning and as I write, the images of laughter, tears and love of that vacation flowed in bringing tears to my eyes. Great! Time's up--there's vacuuming to be done, and the girls are awake calling their Nanay(mother).

Well, till next vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Happiness is...

You might also like: No smoking pls! Our little girl!! Bye,bye Rapunzel!! Chaotic no more!! Howzat