Skip to main content

Thursday with Nanay

A little girl is sugar and spice and everything nice - especially when she's taking a nap.
~Author Unknown

Just like every Thursday when hubby isn't home for lunch(he usually does the cooking)my culinary skill is put to the test. Here's the judge:

Ms.Picky Eater a.k.a. Princess Noh

She is not eating much these days but I try to give her veggies and stuff other than meat and sausages which she adores. Anyway, Ms.Picky Eater is living up to her name.

It would be easy to just fry some chicken and then pair it with french fries. I'm sure she'll finish them in no time but if I did--


stuffed flounder fillets, sautéed zucchini and tomatoes
there won't be "Thursday with Nanay" section in this blog. I will not be able use the left over in the fridge creatively nor share to my daughter my cooking skill. And yes, I am learning to be more patient. Slowly but surely.

Now, if she just eat her zucchini...

Comments

Anonymous said…
my kids used to be like that specially Jaison. I gave up being patient with them. Whenever they would say "oh mummy I dont like this" ot "Im not gonna eat it"...mummy's replied " oh really ( in a sarcastic way) surely your not hungry thats why you dont want to eat...ok then i'll have your dessert" when they hear the word dessert then all of a sudden they grab there plates and finish everything.
Anne said…
My girls are very fussy. I try to make at least one thing they like and try to introduce new foods with the other parts of the meal.
Mayet said…
Clok,
If I mention dessert--she will not eat at all.

To Anne,
I guess I will do that,too.
Mommy Rubz said…
Hello Mommy! I want you to know that you are one of my top 10 commentators. :)

http://www.mommyrubz.com/top-10-commentators-for-april-2010/
Leah said…
Hi Mayet! You have such a cute blog... I love reading about Miss Picky Eater and your Thursday with Nanay. xoxo
Mommy Rubz said…
Thanks again for the visit Mommy! I appreciate your visits and comments! :)
Anonymous said…
Her expression is absolutely priceless!!!
Dhemz said…
hahahhaa...such a cutie....my daughter will do exactly the same thing....she separates the veggies first before she starts eating....silly rascal....:)

thanks for coming by on my page...great to be here!

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!