Apr 15, 2010

Thursday with Nanay

Who am I kidding? She doesn't like rice and that's it.I think my desire for her to appreciate and love it will not happen.(music please!) My dream of us enjoying  lunch together--Nanay's style--is just that, a DREAM. She will not know how good to have it with fried sardines,tomatoes and onion.Or how it taste with shrimp paste and a bit of hot pepper.With sautéed shrimp,etc.etc... (stop music).

From today, I will not insist rice anymore--goodness, it hurts :( , but I think someone isn't that worried and maybe smiling as he reads this. You know  who you are--so stop that!! :-)
Poor thing, she ended up eating her sister's apple compote.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Nanay....give up your dream for that...she will never have this unbeatable love affaire with the rice....

Anonymous said...

Poor Nanay... Or should I say poor Karen...

hannie said...

adui... same thing happened to my son. however I found out that he only do that to me. when he is with some other nanny/babysitter/teacher, he is totally fine.

Rachel said...

maybe she'll grow out of her dislike for rice. give it time, though. The problem with rice though is that it's sugar. A lot of people find it hard to sacrifice when they try to lose weight. so I guess this is also a blessing in disguise.

♥Willa♥ said...

I love your daughter's hair,so cute!!
Sorry for your predicament.Although both of my boys eat rice,but it's my eldest who is 8 that most of the time giving me a hard time,it took a while until he appreciate it while my youngest loves rice, he even love eating it w/ Bagoong Alamang. :D

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Aw, that's nice of you to give up on the rice. Obviously, she does not like it. A good relationship with her is much more important! She's cute.

Stopping by from SITS.

JENIE=) said...

don't ya worry...maybe as she grows older she will start appreciating our RICE ;)

or maybe it's the viand? even with fried chicken? have you tried sinigang with her? that's my li'l ones favorite...and she eats a bowl full WITH RICE ;)