Skip to main content

And we're HOME

December 2018

airport airport2

We arrived on the 20th of December in Manila from Bangkok and were excited to see my brother, Rolan, cousin, Pogi and some of my daughter's cousins at the airport to welcome us. It felt great to be back in my home country



We have spent Christmas with the whole family and met most of our relatives during this festive time. My sister-in-law, Zem, who was supposed to spend Christmas with us, went back to Bangkok after spending a night with us due to her boyfriend's accident.


JANUARY 2019

Instead of partying with a friend and her family,we opted staying in our town to spend New Year with our family. My parents were happy we were all together.

My friend, Fibs came home as well and we went to Puerto Galera without my daughters.

mindoro mindoro2
mindoro3 mindoro4

The girls started their schooling after New Year. They both didn't like having uniforms. But rule is rule and without exception. I usually wake up before 5h and prepare their pack lunch. They were up at 6h and should be on their way to school by 6h45 with their pack lunch and P20 allowance. (After a few days, my cousin, kuya Kawe told me that I should givem P30 more. Then, they discovered the school canteen and everything in their "no canteen & no school allowance" lives suddenly changed.


They sometimes came home with their untouched rice and half-eaten salad. It seemed that french-fries and bbq in the school canteed tasted better. But the positive thing  about all this was Karen dared to buy her food on her own.
Their days would vary from missing friends back home to settling well in their new school, then chagrin once again. But there's family and relatives who showed them love. Making them feel at home and welcome.
Carlo on the other hand went to Romblon on his own. He prefers this town to Boracay. He appreciated the former and loves its beaches.




While home in Cavite, I have stopped using the social media even writing. I did backyard veggie garden and take advantage of the time to be with my family.


We then went for a DAY TOUR of TAAL VOLCANO with KIDS.

 It was also at this month that Marie and Zach came and stayed with us for a few days.


FEBRUARY 2019

                                      

I would organize after school meet-up with some their cousins and did some fun activities with all of them. The goal was to lessen the Ipad use of everyone.


I visited this garden created by sis-in-law and other parents. They used a vacant lot near the school and planted veggies using recycled materials. Apparently, this lot will be converted into new rooms in the future.

NO SMOKING


In most municipalities in Cavite, smoking ban is being upheld in public places. And one day, after exiting SM in Trece, Carlo lighted a cigarette and soon enough 3 persons with matching shirts approached him. "NO SMOKING, here sir, Pls. follow us."The situation irritated me, there we were ready to take a jeep to go home and suddenly...Anyway, we went with them along with my 2 nieces and our daughters. 
Then their team leader came and talked to Carlo. Explained the ban and my husband resolved not to pay the fine but instead did the community service. The team leader, on the other hand decided to give my husband a lesser time of service finding him more pleasant than the other foreigners caught smoking.


After my Mama's birthday, we went out of town for the week-end and stayed in Quezon City. I soon realized that we were just infront of the ABC-CBN and some meters away from Bahay ni Kuya.






Karen and I did an AirBnb experience with teacher Roxy. Then we saw one of our favorite swiss personalities in this shop. Saw a cousin by chance in a restaurant and met, George, the husband of Carlo's friend, Sophie.




RAISED BED BY FEBRUARY





MARCH 2019

art by the church




And with my family's help, I had a garage sale near the church. It was also an occasion to be with some relatives for a day. We set up our tent and a table where kids and kids at heart can paint, draw or jus sit. This day was made possible by my family.


After the girls' schooling, I took my nephews and nieces for a road trip to Banaue to see the rice terraces. Then a day tour in Batad and later on headed to Baguio.

 











In Batad, a man is resting before continuing his descent to the village.




under the white lights



PASSING BY BAGUIO


Afterwards, we went to travel at some parts of the country. we have met Carlo's friend and new people along the way. I will soon post about it here.

APRIL 2019
A day before our departure, we celebrated my father's 69th birthday. Then, it was time to go. I cried buckets, really sad that our vacation was over.
It was a great 3 month vacation. Seeing everyone in my hometown. Talking to my family and relatives, laughing and crying with them. It felt good to just sit down and catch up.
We didn't take any souvenirs with us this time given that we still have 2 months before going back to geneva but those times spent with everyone was enough as our souvenirs.
We are really lucky to have all of you in our lives, dear family and relatives. Thank you for your generosity and time spent with us.




Comment
Anonymous May 12,2019
Nice vacations and spending time with family and friends, will be doing it again. God bless and see you all soon.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!