Skip to main content

Crash Landing on You - How a Pinay in Geneva got the #CLOY fever

 It took me forever to watch Crash landing on You. My sister has been bugging me to watch it. Every time we talked in Messenger our conversation would mysteriously gear to #CLOY. Her voice would change and there was this excitement, that kilig about someone.  But I was trying to avoid it like a plague. Knowing for sure that it will invade my whole being, my household, and my entire day, just like the one where a woman cooks in the palace. So, what's the fuss about this series, I asked myself. This didn't take long to answer, because one sunny afternoon while waiting for my laundry, I gave in. Few minutes after starting the first episode, I almost fell asleep.  

Some of this Kdrama's locations were set here in Switzerland.

📷: Norilyn Mendoza

Iseltwald

Charmilles' Seri & Capt. Ri 
📷: Norilyn M.

                                            

                                                                     Lake Brienz

📷:Eva Valencia

Sigriswil Panorama brige
little Carlize playing Seri :)
📷: Mareng Heijon

 And these places can easily be reached by train, car and of course travel coaches.

📷:https://www.facebook.com/DSExcursions

A travel business called Dad & Son Excursion is at the right place and at the right time.  After the travel restrictions have eased up, they organized a Crash Landing on You location tour which started last July and most of our fellow Pinoys took advantage to travel around the country and relived that Crashlanding on You experience. And what an experience! 

According to Mr. Bautista, one of their company's goal is for our fellow Pinoys to experience and integrate into the Swiss culture. And thru tours like this, he said, they will see the beauty of God's creation.


📷:  https://www.facebook.com/DSExcursions

Oh, yes, I almost fell asleep and completely turned my desktop off. Maybe I was so tired or was it the summer heat but something in me kept on. I wanted to see the parts of Switzerland where they shot the series. There was a kind of pride that these were done in the country I called home for nearly 30 years. 

The short opening scenes have awakened my curiosity, as well, until it felt that my heart would burst and my front shirt was not enough for my emotion.  

I still don't know when to go to those locations. Perhaps this autumn when it's a bit chilly and the leaves are almost orange. Perhaps then my own Capt.Ri will be willing to drive us and then gaze at the beauty of Swiss mountains.

Or maybe, I will travel on my own and find Hyun Bin in Klein Scheidegg standing next to me, grinning mischievously, seeing that this Pinay finally succumbed to Kdrama and to his Korean charm then telling me:

"I got on the wrong train, and that very train brought me here. It brought me to the place I've yearned to come every morning and night. It brought me to my destination." 

Then, I will look him in the eye and utter in my Seri voice :

"At the end of that long dream, I finally made a choice. That even if I go back in the past, even if I do for a hundred more times, I will still choose to meet you."  

But pls, take the right train in Gare Cornavin,you are awfully late, Capt.Ri!! 

Aiiieee!! 💖 Enjoy the re-runs, folks!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!