Skip to main content

First Day



my schanafouilles 
Monday was the first day of school. My eldest is in secondary or Cycle d'orientation while my youngest is in the primary school. 
The girls were anxious and I tried not to show mine. 
However, compared to previous years, this time, it feels like we're ready. I am not talking about being on time, having satisfying breakfast, and all but rather the changes and the possibilities ahead.

As their mother, I lovingly embrace it now, not without the first day anxiety :) and welcome the fact that my babies are growing up and becoming more independent. No more brushing their hair into pigtails and braids. School snacks are not prepared anymore. Though this time, one wore my t-shirt and the other one my light jacket.

Some years ago, when my youngest did not feel like going to school, I drew a heart on a piece of paper with a little note that says: I love you forever. I told her that though, Nanay cannot go to school with her, my heart is with her and hopefully, she'd feel ok. Then we hugged and my husband walked the girls to school. 
 
This Monday morning, I made some pancakes for breakfast. That comfort food they both love. 
And before they completely run and take the route to autonomy, they were given tight hugs & kisses. Then, I uttered a silent prayer of protection, said that I love them with all my might just like the time when I gave my heart, drawn on a piece of paper.
  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!