Skip to main content

A Journey to Healing


It's truly a blessing that at this age and time, I am given the chance to finally get to know myself. At first, I am ashamed of saying it out loud, here, admitting to the whole Universe that I do not know who I truly am. This is not about the midlife crisis, I am past that. This is about focusing and re-learning to love me, starting the journey that my soul was set up to do. 

Understanding that loving one's self is not selfish but is paramount to one's mental health and overall well-being.  Letting go of a job because one's health is important is not selfish. Keeping in mind that not cleaning the kitchen and resting is ok because my body reclaims it. That I should not shoulder everything just to feel validated as a mother and as a person. Besides, it's not the end of the world if the house is not organized my way. 

My body needs rest and lots of loving and caring from me. From me first and not anyone else. Family and friends are there, then an important question popped up. Are you there for YOU?

Growing up, I was not given that chance to express my true self. Always hiding, always in fear.  Maybe being quiet is better than being given the full attention and then labeled a fool.

I do not want embarrassment. So I stayed quiet. I obeyed. I helped. I hide my true self. But just like everything, the truth will come out. In any way, in any form. Something will trigger it. And one has to be conscious of that.  

However, the most beautiful thing happened to me. I was finally diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. What I have has finally a name. Then I stayed home leaving a  job where my help is needed.  There it is again. Help. Not realizing that it was the same word that my body was trying to convey and ignored for the longest time.

There are many things happening now, yet in spite of that what keeps me focused is the LOVE  that I haven't given to myself. 

I am healing. Slowly but surely putting myself out there. Not caring about being labeled a fool. I am creating. Loving myself more. Embracing that little girl. Healing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!