Skip to main content

How not to write the best travel tip

This is not a Berlin travel guide.  

Though at first, I considered writing about tips on how to travel to Berlin with friends even toying with the idea of sharing my lessons learned on traveling with friends

But as minutes ticked by, there were no good tips or lessons I could think of. Why? I then closed my eyes and typed whatever comes to my mind. Not thinking of typo errors just words pouring out and I happily typed them trying to make sense of everything.  So here I am filling up this page with words escaping from my mind that my fingers were trying to create.

Right...So for the first time, we decided to fly out to a city and spend the weekend together.

Our destination--Berlin.

There are evidently lessons learned but the experience is something to cherish and laugh about. We were ready or so we thought. Hotel, plane tickets, itinerary, etc. But even though we organized ahead of time, things didn't go as planned. There were issues that will test one's patience and asked one's self about traveling again with these people. 

Kidding aside, even with the best planner in the world or Geneva, issues will come out, like taking the train from the wrong track or finally learning that after half an hour you'd go back to the airport coz you were all clueless about the train. Then getting off and going to the wrong hotel. We are all seasoned adult travelers or so we thought. 

But going to the wrong hotel, what the....!!

One of the best parts of getting lost in Berlin is meeting some Pinoys who were so kind and willing to help us. We talked and laughed for a brief moment with them. Once in our hotel, we all agreed that Pinoys in Berlin are so cool and awesome. They are our Darna.  The Krystala in the busy Berlin S-Bahn

With all the mistakes made and petty misunderstandings, we have stayed adults--tolerant, forgiving, and willing to learn. We have enjoyed our time together, and now planning another adventure, a longer one with a well-planned itinerary and probably a map application that works REALLY well for 4 adults who want to have fun together, drink Prosecco and take tons of pictures even in freezing cold weather.

And my no. 1 tip?

To merely have fun and create awesome memories with friends. 

Now, go and pack light. Adventure awaits.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!