Skip to main content

That which sparks joy- one fine day in autumn


It's a sunny day and though the weather is slowly changing our garden is still bursting with color. Moreover, my garden to-do list is mostly done. As I roll the lemon grass leaves to be stored for our future use, a warm feeling of joy and gratitude enveloped me. The thought of our kitchen filled with the delicious aroma of lemon grass during the winter days excites me.  That simple rolling jest, being in the moment, with no distraction only a light breeze and nature's blessing around me brings me joy. Undoubtedly, it's in simple things that we feel contented. 

I'm on the right path because, for so many years, fear of the uncertain has shadowed everything in my daily life. Giving rise to stress. Paralyzing my body, figuratively, and causing me not to use my full potential as a human being. As I slowly modify my habits and introduced new ones, my attitude is steadily changing. My focus is shifting to the present moment. The HERE & NOW. 

This new me is far from perfect but I love who I am becoming. There are still uncertainties, yet the thought that everything is unfolding perfectly in my life gives me hope and motivation to tread this path. 

How about you? What motivates you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!