Skip to main content

4th day - 5 things TODAY ( till Christmas)




 I've found out that George Eliot is the pen name of the English novelist, Mary Ann Evans. I haven't read any of her works but it will be interesting to read her poem. 

For my 5 things today:

  1. Admired how beautiful the sky was this morning. This is such a privilege for me at this time and I don't want to take it for granted. 
  2. Gave TLC to my 3 hens. I named them - Puti (for an obvious reason), Molly, and Rosie. Sprinkled some water on their coop all the while telling them how the water would refresh the surrounding and thanking them for the eggs.
  3. Emailed a friend. I met her during the lowest moment in my life. She also has an autoimmune disease called rheumatoid arthritis. At that time I was newly diagnosed. Meeting her strengthened my belief that there's hope.  There's no cure for this kind of autoimmune disease however, with a good treatment coupled with lifestyle change, it's easier to handle and one can function better. 
  4. Practiced emotional intelligence. I am slowly getting better at it. Maybe it's early to say given the fact that it's just a week after school starts. Yet, I am keeping it cool merely staring in disbelief at how a meter-long bench can hold so much: socks, bags, books, you name it. 
  5. Celebrated small wins. So here's to us who despite so many uncertainties, noises, and doubts keep our heads up high. Taking one step at a time, and loving the Gewürztraminer.
Cheers, beautiful human beings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!