Skip to main content

A restrained plant love affair - 5 things TODAY

Today, I have embraced the call to be a plantita. Yet for me being outside and tending my garden is more gratifying, houseplants are not really my cup of tea. For me, it's another task. 

Don't get me wrong, I am fine having less than 5 pots of plants and orchids, and yet plants started coming my way, and along with them - frustration. And as  I feel more dismayed, house plants show up somehow reminding me of some kind of unfinished business. Therefore, I have decided to answer the call, there's no turning back (not yet). 

There are a dozen or so potted plants at home and I would really like to keep that number and not be overwhelmed. This way, my plants can have all the love and attention they need. Along with my three citrus plants and my low tunnel garden plot. 

5 things TODAY.

  1. Cosmos. These beauties are flourishing and having them makes walking around the garden more special.
  2.  Made some bean salad with the garden greens and one Albenga unripe chili pepper.
  3. Harvest. Figs, tomatoes.
  4. Indoor plants. I am embracing the call for a dozen or so plants. 
  5. Fall/winter garden. Hopefully, I am not too late to plant salad and other greens for the coming cold season.
Last but not least, I am forever grateful to those of you who have gifted me with houseplants and trusted my so-called green thumb but our home has reached its space limit and number of potted plants.

Love and blessing,
Myra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!