05 November 2010
I adore the book sale in this library, and every year I look forward to it. I mean, where can you get a book that recently came out in Payot and buy it for only chf 5.-? As I have become an expert on this matter, I have listed some practical help on book sale. Here goes...
- Be on time- or better yet, be ridiculously early; remember, the early bird catches the worm.
- Don't take a child with you--granted that I want my girls to learn to read and experience the world, taking one to a book sale is just not for me. I want to quietly enjoy my finds while having tea and some cakes.
- Pen and paper- arm yourself with these to down the books' prices. You would save a ton of time.

Having moved to Grand-Lancy, I have stopped going to the book sale. Instead, I scour La ville est à vous for English books. Though, it's very rare to find the ones I'd like to have.
But because our library has its English corner, I sometimes discover authors and their books which accompany me on my bus ride, on my vacation, and on my night routine.
Yet the best place for me is the second-hand shop in Ziplo. There's no doubt about that. And it's just 2 tram rides away from me. Isn't that great?
How about you? Where do you find your books?


Comments