15.08.2026
Just pictures of us somewhere I cannot recall. It seemed cold given the way my sister and I dressed. The other two probably didn't mind the weather or the night breeze. But for as long as I can remember, I get cold easily.
My siblings...We all looked like babies here. I mean, so young. We are an OFW's children. If there's an abbreviation like OPOL, ours would be TPOA- TWO PARENTS, ONE ABROAD, or FHMA - FATHER AT HOME, MOTHER ABROAD.
Ours is not the situation I would have liked growing up, but it happened, and fortunately we grew up not without any challenges and pain, but well. Though belonging to an OFW family left a mark that is still healing, nonetheless, healing. It affected every decision we made and are still making.
This beautiful understanding of our family's generational shadow is the one thing that propels me to create another path of love and healing without forgetting the reason behind the goal.
We are getting there, healing, creating with love and patience. That's all that matters.
From one OFW adult daughter to another.
I hope you are well.


Comments