![]() |
| Somewhere in Greece |
09 February 2011
Clothes have been washed and are ready to be ironed. I have vacuumed the whole house and the girls' unwanted toys have been put away. Now what? Today should be a good one but I'm lost.
| Ballenberg open-air museum |
Present day
Judging from the day's chores, I guess I was overwhelmed. Having a preschooler and a toddler plus a room full of toys would make any mother overburdened. Looking back, I was still learning to be a mother. This is a long process because up until now, I am still at it. Nevertheless, with all the anxiety and challenges, being a Nanay to these 2 wonderful human beings is the best thing ever. :)
Now, the laundry.
These days, I rarely iron our clothes. Our beddings and towels are folded unironed. They are kept in a tokador (dresser) with sachets of lavender and summer scent tucked in every fold. Thanks to the summer heat, my laundry gets to relish the sunlight and be dried in no time.
![]() |
| in the garden |
However, these remaining good and warm days will surely not be taken for granted. There are greens to be sown, figs to harvest, and cherry tomatoes to enjoy.
Yes. Today is a good day & I am amongst the ones my soul chose to be with. But for now, let me just find my straw hat - the zinnias are calling me.


Comments