22 March 2012
As the plane reached the runway, everyone cheered! Fellow Pinoys started gathering their things, much to the dismay of the plane staff. I couldn't help but smile and was overwhelmed. Home at last! The challenge of travelling with two toddlers seemed far behind now. I made it, with two additional wrinkles on my forehead.
81/100+
Present day
It got easier; I am telling you. I used to get stressed out on the plane. Not wanting to bother the others because of my children. But my toddlers were experiencing something distressful that we as adults could not comprehend. So as a not-too-experienced Nanay of two, who thought of having a relaxing flight and at the same time not wanting to cause no one any trouble, the stress level could go throuht the roof . It didn't help the emotions that one or both of my daughters were experiencing. The heavens knew it but I was all ears to my daughters and to my inner being.
Anyway, the lesson was learned. Or maybe not really because every trip was a different experience and as we became more experienced, we handled things differently.
My travel anxiety with my daughers has diminished, of course. Being with them on a trip is a whole new experience. No diapers to be changed, no biberon to prepare. Though, I still prepare snacks. And the table has turned. They navigate for us, find restaurants and have their say on the accomodation.
The parents now followed them. Being reminded to punch the tickets, helped with the luggage. Rolled their eyes for nth bathroom stop.
They take your hands and lead you to cross the street. Look lovingly in your eyes. We have arrived.
Uniqlo here we come.

Comments