31 March 2011
It all started well. The sun was shining, birds were singing, and the neighborhood was so quiet. The girls were happy to be out- the eldest standing in the skate just behind the pushchair where my youngest was seated quietly...but not for long.Our bus ride was accompanied by her crying - wanting to get out of her pushchair. In the grocery store, she wouldn't let go of her rubber shoes and cried all the way to the cashier while I paid for them.I find it really challenging to be out with her now. She's
![]() |
| Rohner in Zermatt |
98/100+
Present day. I felt some kind of serenity while reading the first paragraph and smiled as I read the rest of the drafts. That was me navigating the road of being a mother. Did I handle the stress well? Probably not. Yes, my world changed when I had my daughters. Love, patience, and joy. Beautiful chaos, crying and tantrums.
Thinking about those days, I wonder what I have missed because of stress and my inability to regulate my feelings. But then again, I don't want to succumb to self-pity or what-ifs; it was all part of being a Nanay, and those episodes with my daughters where helplessness seemed to engulf my entire being eventually became part of the challenge and joy of being a new mother.
![]() |
| celebration |
![]() |
| the sisters |
Life is beautiful, and being a Nanay to these former rowdy toddlers is the MOST BEAUTIFUL TITLE in my UNIVERSE.




Comments