17 November 2010
According to Forbes.com, Geneva is the 5th most expensive city. As a stay-at-home Nanay, living here means finding ways to get inexpensive necessities for our girls. Of course, there are times when I tell myself not to be too stingy, but I guess I want more for my family, so I spend less. I mentioned here my ways of finding bargains and saving.
17 August 2026
Looking at the date, my eldest just turned three. During this time, I have already discovered the Bourse aux vêtements and the vide grenier/la rue est à vous.
Along with discovering the joy of thrifting, there's a sense of liberation in not succumbing to fast fashion, and I do value simplicity.
As I learned about the hazards of plastic present in the clothes we wear and what it do to our health and environment, my choices became more obvious. I organized my wardrobe and opted for cotton and wool gradually eliminating polyester,nylon and acrylic fabrics. I thrifted most of them and reminded my girls to be more mindful of their purchases.
Our family is not completely without plastic, and I do not think we'll ever be. But we are making a conscious effort and decision every day.
And just like Kurikindi, I am doing what I can.
Have a great day.


Comments